Descripción de la empresa SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical knowledge to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for structural change and scale in its programmes, as well as bringing knowledge and initiatives from different programmes together at country level to contribute to systems’ change. We will continue to position ourselves as a learning organisation striving for excellence and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Descripción del empleo
The ‘Tegucigalpa: Water Supply Strengthening Project’ is a 3-year project funded by the World Bank. The Project will be the first phase of a longer-term programme to support the implementation of the Honduras Framework Law and to guarantee Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) services for all in the nation's capital in a financially and environmentally sustainable manner.
The overall project goal is to support the City Hall of the Central District of Tegucigalpa in accompanying the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) in its responsibilities for coordinating the implementation of the project and generate capacities in the Municipal Unit of Potable Water and Sanitation (UMAPS by its Spanish acronym), in the process of its operationalization as a new entity providing the services of Water Supply and Sanitation of the capital city of Honduras.
Overview of the position
The Project Leader is responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project, internally with project staff and externally with donors, host governments and other stakeholders.
Execute the overall management of the project and ensure that the project's objective results in the transfer of knowledge and skills between public and private institutions to enhance institutional and staff professional and operational capacities beyond the duration of the Project.
• To guide the overall conceptualization of the project, including the development of work plans, budgets, and terms of reference with financial responsibilities and mandates.
• Monitor the performance of the project management team to ensure that all milestones set out in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks, and take corrective action to remediate any deviations from the work plans
• Responsible for internal and external reporting on project performance.
• Advise project management at the municipal level (quality management) and at the water company level (business plan development) with the accompaniment of specialists.
· Advanced education degree in engineering, project administration/management, finance, economics or related fields
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in natural resource management, development project evaluation and strategic planning, preferably in Central or Latin America.
· Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplines in long term assignments.
· Solid experience in coordination and management of projects for international institutions and/or multilateral organizations, especially projects financed by the World Bank.
· Excellent social skills and ability to interact with the private sector, civil society and governments.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the work cycle with water companies.
· Experience in providing advice for the decentralisation of water and sanitation services in major cities.
· Experience in advising on the development of a business plan for an urban water and sanitation company.
· Knowledge of the regulatory framework for water and sanitation in Honduras is desirable.
· Willingness to live and work in the project country and travel to project sites.
· Fluency in Spanish in speaking and writing is required besidesmastering workingknowledge of English.
Contract Type: International or national for Honduran nationals
Contract Duration: 3year
Expected Start Date: Q3, 2020
Information Duty Station: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before/on 3 June 2020
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
manejo y direccion turno trabajo disponibilidad de horario y dias trabajo para el manejo una planta extrusion de comida mascotas. se dara entrenamiento previo
Desde Procasa - Cortés
Publicado hace un mes
Bachiller Tecnico en Finanzas o Perito Mercantil. sexo masculino residir en S.P.S. Proactivo. Responsable. Trabajo en equipo. Automotivado. Fácil seguimiento de...
Desde Proagro - Cortés
Publicado hace 18 días
Our mission is to provide quality, affordable bilingual education to the educationally disenfranchised while fostering meaningful cultural exchange. Our...
Desde Bilingual Education For Central America (Beca) - Cortés
Publicado hace 20 días
Se requiere contratar los servicios de un Operador Montacargas con 2 años de experiencia en el puesto, con certificación, educación media, responsable...
Desde Manpower Professional - Cortés
Publicado hace 20 días